Centre table plus layers in window

Spikey Mikey

Hi

I have a site that is somewhat unusual in that it uses a base table
which includes buttons which then show/hides layers. At the moment I
have to position the table and accompanying layers in absolute
positions. I would like to centre the table in the browser and the
layers stay in their relative positions to it. Does anyone know how?

I guess what I need is to ascertain the centre of the browser
(sreenwidth/2) and then position attached layers relative to that
value. So if we call the centre 'x' and the width of the layer is
100px, then the left of the layer would be x - 50px. Is that
possible?

Spikey Mikey