cephes

Discussion in 'Python' started by Arend Sluis, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. Arend Sluis

    Arend Sluis Guest

    I have been struggling to get the cephes module (Special Functions -
    basically binds to a set of C and Fortran routine), but I keep running
    into problems like

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/import/urizen/pcote/sluis/Python-2.3.2/Kelson/getkeys", line
    8, in ?
    from basics import *
    File "/import/urizen/pcote/sluis/Python-2.3.2/Kelson/basics.py", line
    8, in ?
    from SpecialFuncs import jn,jv
    File
    "/import/urizen/pcote/sluis/Python-2.3.2/lib/python2.3/site-packages/SpecialFuncs/SpecialFuncs.py",
    line 1, in ?
    from cephes import *
    ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
    /import/urizen/pcote/sluis/Python-2.3.2/lib/python2.3/site-packages/SpecialFuncs/cephesmodule.so:
    symbol __d_sign: referenced symbol not found

    The "make" runs fine, although in previous trials of "make" the __d_sign
    "Undefined Symbol" error was noticed before, as well as __pow_di,
    __e_wsfe_pv and others.

    Does anybody have any experience with installing Cephes for python? Or
    any other suggestions about what I might be overlooking?

    Thanks!

    Arend.

    Arend Sluis, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Arend Sluis

    John J. Lee Guest

    Arend Sluis <> writes:

    > I have been struggling to get the cephes module (Special Functions -

    [...]

    Try one of the scipy / numpy / numarray mailing lists.

    John

    John J. Lee, Oct 31, 2003