CERT C Secure Coding Standard: last call for reviewers

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by rCs, Mar 17, 2008.

  1. rCs

    rCs Guest

    We would like to invite the community to review and comment on the
    current version of the CERT C Secure Coding Standard available online
    at
    www.securecoding.cert.org <http://www.securecoding.cert.org> before
    Version 1.0 is published. To comment, you can create an account on
    the
    Secure Coding wiki and post your comments there.

    Our intent is to complete major development of Version 1.0 by April
    18,
    2008, with the published version of the standard being available in
    September. Once Version 1.0 of the standard goes to the publisher, we
    will begin development of Version 2.0. That is, we will continue to
    maintain the wiki to further advance the "working version" of the CERT
    Secure Coding Standard. The published 1.0 version will become the
    official version, until replaced by a future version. It is unlikely
    subsequent version will be released any time in the next 2-3 years,
    so
    we would like to ensure that Version 1.0 will be a high quality
    product
    that will promote and encourage secure coding practices.

    Thanks for any help and assistance you have already provided and for
    any
    additional contribution you may make. There are currently 158
    individuals who have contributed to the development of this standard,
    without whom this effort could not have succeeded.

    rCs
    --
    comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: -- you must
    or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line. Sorry.

    rCs, Mar 17, 2008