certificate-based authentication

Dennis.Hoffman

I have been using XML-RPC to get information from one of our remote
servers. To improve security, the server now has a certificate installed,
and when I try to access it, I get an 'Unauthorized' exception. Is there
an xmlrpclib module that supports (client-side) certificate-based
authentication? If so, where can I get it, and what is involved in doing
the authentication? If not, what are my options?

thanks

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

I have been using XML-RPC to get information from one of our remote
servers. To improve security, the server now has a certificate installed,
and when I try to access it, I get an 'Unauthorized' exception. Is there
an xmlrpclib module that supports (client-side) certificate-based
authentication? If so, where can I get it, and what is involved in doing
the authentication? If not, what are my options?

The standard xmlrpclib should work fine. You need to inherit from the
SafeTransport class, overriding get_host_info to return the x509_info.
You then pass an instance of your transport to the ServerProxy.

HTH,
Martin