Certificates and web services

scot_m

A client of mine is trying to consume my web service. My web service
is requiring client cert. The call is coming from a web server where
they host a web application. Their web server has a server cert.
They are trying to attach that server cert as their client cert. The
server cert's root is trusted by us. Will this work or do they need
to get a true client cert from our external CA?

scot_m

I figured it out. The server and client certs are different, so they
need to order a different client cert. For those newbies, the server
cert verifies the server, the client verifies the client, so they
can't be used interchangeably. Now, getting it configured correctly
could be another story....