CFP PLAN-X 2004

Discussion in 'XML' started by Michael I. Schwartzbach, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. Call for Papers
    PLAN-X 2004
    Programming Language Technologies for XML
    A workshop colocated with POPL 2004

    Aims and Scope

    The workshop aims at providing a meeting ground for researchers from the XML,
    programming language, and database communities. XML is already a de-facto
    industry standard for data exchange, it has from an early stage been embraced
    by database researchers, and it is gaining increasing interest from
    programming
    language researchers.

    At this workshop we hope to present recent results, identify new challenges,
    and inspire the programming language community to focus on XML.

    The focus of the workshop is on methods, tools, and theories for processing
    XML. Example topics include (but are not limited to) XML parsing, XML type
    system and schemas, analysis and implementation of technologies such as XPath,
    XSLT, and XQuery, and integration of XML in both general-purpose and
    domain-specific programming languages.

    Proceedings

    There will be no formal proceedings. Informal proceedings will be distributed
    at
    the workshop. Thus, accepted material may be published elsewhere at a later
    date.

    Important Dates

    * Paper submission deadline: 29 September 2003
    * Notification of acceptance: 19 November 2003
    * Final papers due: 7 December 2003
    * Workshop: 13 January 2004

    Submission

    We solicit submissions on original research not previously published or
    currently submitted for publication elsewhere. We request extended abstracts
    not exceeding 5000 words (approximately 10 pages), but shorter extended
    abstracts (e.g. 2000 words) are often sufficient. Submitted documents should
    be in screen-readable PDF format.

    Online submission at <URL:http://www.brics.dk/~mis/planx>.

    General Chair

    * Erik Meijer, Microsoft WebData

    Program Committee

    * Michael Schwartzbach, University of Aarhus (Chair)
    * Giuseppe Castagna, École Normale Supérieure, Paris
    * Shriram Krishnamurthi, Brown University
    * Makoto Murata, IBM Japan
    * Frank Neven, University of Limburg
    * Benjamin Pierce, University of Pennsylvania
    * Helmut Seidl, University of Trier
    * Jérôme Siméon, Lucent Bell Labs
    * Dan Suciu, University of Washington
    * Peter Thiemann, University of Freiburg

    --
    Michael I. Schwartzbach Email:
    BRICS, University of Aarhus WWW: http://www.brics.dk/~mis
    Michael I. Schwartzbach, Sep 10, 2003