    the cgi bin in the virtual host area of httpd.conf.

    Thanks,
    --zip

    zippy, Feb 1, 2005

  2. zippy wrote:

    > I hope this is the correct group to post this question.

    It's not. Sorry. This group is about writing Perl code. Your question is
    about how to configure Apache's CGI support; the answer would be the same
    if your CGIs were written in Python, C, or any other language. Hence, your
    question isn't a Perl question.

    Searching the group list for "apache" or "servers" turned up several hits.
    The "comp.infosystems.www.servers" and "alt.apache.configuration" groups
    appear to be relevant, but I don't frequent those groups so I can't say for
    sure. Your best bet is to check the apache site at <http://www.apache.org>,
    to see what groups, lists, or other resources they recommend.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Feb 1, 2005

  3. zippy wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I hope this is the correct group to post this question. I have set up a
    > cgi bin /var/www/website/cgi-bin with some perl scripts that worked on a
    > similar server before we took it down. Transferring the files to the new
    > server didn't work untill we put the files in /var/www/website/cgi.
    >
    > For our forms to work (unless we want to rewrite every one of them)

    Why not?

    > they
    > need to be in /var/www/website/cgi-bin. Where is the configuration script
    > to change it from cgi to cgi-bin?

    Since you're the only person to need this, there isn't one.

    > I am running fedora c1, apache 2 and
    > using the cgi bin in the virtual host area of httpd.conf.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --zip

    Make a symbolic link from cgi-bin to scgi-bin, or move cgi-bin to scgi-bin.
    Any system admin with 1/4 of a brain could work this out.

    gtoomey

    Gregory Toomey, Feb 1, 2005
  4. zippy

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Gregory Toomey <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > zippy wrote:

    > Make a symbolic link from cgi-bin to scgi-bin, or move cgi-bin to scgi-bin.
    > Any system admin with 1/4 of a brain could work this out.

    Patching a configuration error with a symlink is *not* what good
    sysadmins do.

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Feb 1, 2005
  5. zippy

    The Flow Guest

    Do not use a symlink. Instead, it is advisable that you actually go
    through the conf file (sometimes the "default" of
    /etc/apache2/sites-enabled) and change the cgi bin to whatever you want
    it to be.

    The Flow, Feb 1, 2005
  6. zippy

    Sam Holden Guest

    Anno Siegel <-berlin.de> wrote:
    > Gregory Toomey <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    >> zippy wrote:

    >> Make a symbolic link from cgi-bin to scgi-bin, or move cgi-bin to scgi-bin.
    >> Any system admin with 1/4 of a brain could work this out.

    > Patching a configuration error with a symlink is *not* what good
    > sysadmins do.

    But good sysadmins have more than 1/4 of a brain.

    --
    Sam Holden

    Sam Holden, Feb 2, 2005