CGI and root commands

gusmeister

I have a Perl/CGI program that, after authenticating users, has to run some
privileged commands (such as 'useradd'). What is the best way to do that
with Perl/CGI? I have Apache 1.3 running as a non-root user.

Note; I've tried writing a setuid wrapper but that does not seem to work for
all commands (such as 'groupadd').

Skeleton Man

I have a Perl/CGI program that, after authenticating users, has to run some
privileged commands (such as 'useradd'). What is the best way to do that
with Perl/CGI? I have Apache 1.3 running as a non-root user.

I would reccomend trying suidperl...

Regards,
Chris