    and perl5. I tracked the problem down to that
    specific line.

    NO support from them whatsoever, so pls advise.

    twc, Nov 15, 2004

  2. twc

    Web Surfer Guest

    [This followup was posted to comp.lang.perl]

    While wandering through cyberspace on Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:43:53 GMT twc
    said :

    > newbie to perl; am an experienced java programmer
    >
    > shouldn't every perl web installation support:
    >
    > require "cgi-lib.pl";
    >
    > On Earthlink hosting unix servers, this particular
    > line doesn't work. They claim to support perl
    > and perl5. I tracked the problem down to that
    > specific line.
    >
    > NO support from them whatsoever, so pls advise.

    One possibility. Download your own copy of "cgi-lib.pl" from the web and
    install it in the same directory as your cgi scripts, then everything
    should work ok.

    Web Surfer, Nov 15, 2004

  3. twc

    Joe Smith Guest

    twc wrote:

    > shouldn't every perl web installation support:
    >
    > require "cgi-lib.pl";

    1) 'require "cgi-lib.pl";' is obsolete - the modern
    replacement is 'use CGI;'.

    2) You'll get better results posting to comp.lang.perl.misc
    instead of here (comp.lang.perl).
    -Joe

    Joe Smith, Nov 16, 2004