CGI Perl Script caching variables

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Herbman, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Herbman

    Herbman Guest

    I have a script which includes a variable found in a .cfg file whose
    content was:

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    $basedir="/html/users/maestro-documentarycom/html/cgi-bin/wwwboard";
    # Directory to wwwboard scripts
    $mesgpath="/html/users/maestro-documentarycom/html/wwwboard"; #
    Directory to wwwboard scripts
    1;

    I sinced modified it due to some path errors to the following:

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    $basedir="/html/cgi-bin/wwwboard"; # Directory to wwwboard scripts
    $mesgpath="/html/wwwboard"; # Directory to wwwboard scripts
    1;

    When I call the Perl script, it still gives me the following error
    D:\html\users\maestro-documentarycom\html\cgi-bin\wwwboard\wwwboard.pl
    line 381

    I change the file the .cfg file, but I still get the same path error.

    Is this page being cached and if so, how do I un-chache it?

    Herbman, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Herbman

    Herbman Guest

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson <> wrote in message news:<behnoq$5fhub$>...
    > Herbman wrote:
    > > I have a script which includes a variable found in a .cfg file whose
    > > content was:
    > >
    > > #!/usr/bin/perl
    > > $basedir="/html/users/maestro-documentarycom/html/cgi-bin/wwwboard";
    > > # Directory to wwwboard scripts
    > > $mesgpath="/html/users/maestro-documentarycom/html/wwwboard"; #
    > > Directory to wwwboard scripts
    > > 1;
    > >
    > > I sinced modified it due to some path errors to the following:
    > >
    > > #!/usr/bin/perl
    > > $basedir="/html/cgi-bin/wwwboard"; # Directory to wwwboard scripts
    > > $mesgpath="/html/wwwboard"; # Directory to wwwboard scripts
    > > 1;
    > >
    > > When I call the Perl script, it still gives me the following error
    > > D:\html\users\maestro-documentarycom\html\cgi-bin\wwwboard\wwwboard.pl
    > > line 381
    > >
    > > I change the file the .cfg file, but I still get the same path error.
    > >
    > > Is this page being cached and if so, how do I un-chache it?

    > Assuming you include the .cfg file using 'require': Are you possibly
    > running the script under mod_perl? In that case, the previous values
    > may be saved in memory, otherwise it sounds weird to me.
    >
    > Guess you need to let us know a little more.

    Actually, I'm troubleshooting for a relative and I'm not sure how they
    are setup. I will look into it further and submit and update.

    Thank you

    Herbman, Jul 9, 2003