cgi.pm

Clyde Ingram

Robin,

Robin said:
What are the easter eggs in cgi.pm... ? I must ask.

Er . . . An eggcellent question. I must answer.

The eggs have all been sold off, but looking at ":html2", I should
'comment', or 'cite', that it gives you the 'option' to 'Select' from a fine
'menu', for 'input' to your 'body';
":html3" offers a 'big' (or 'small') 'table' to 'sup' at, in 'style' -- I
recommend the 'applet';
":form" provides a 'hidden' 'radio_goup' to serenade you at your banquet;
to finish off, ":cgi" suggests a 'cookie', or 'raw_cookie', if your prefer.

Regards,
Clyde

Clyde Ingram

Robin said:
What are the easter eggs in cgi.pm... ? I must ask.

Oh, alright then, Webmaster Robin, come out of your shell and break it to
us: What are the easter eggs in cgi.pm?

Robin

"Clyde Ingram"
Oh, alright then, Webmaster Robin, come out of your shell and break it to
us: What are the easter eggs in cgi.pm?

well, I was looking through the code, and I thought I could get it to print
some information on how to use it, but then I realized it's probably just
the comments and some docs in there as commnets, I'm still not sure about
this, I'll have to look again, it's near the bottom.
-Robin

Sherm Pendley

Robin said:
well, I was looking through the code, and I thought I could get it to
print some information on how to use it, but then I realized it's probably
just the comments and some docs in there as commnets

That's more or less what it is. The docs you read with the 'perldoc' tool
(or as man pages, or HTML, or ...) aren't stored separately. They're
embedded in the module itself, in a format called POD - Plain Ol'
Documentation.

See 'perldoc perldoc' for more about the perldoc tool.
See 'perldoc perlpod' for more about the POD format.

sherm--

Alan J. Flavell

That's more or less what it is. The docs you read with the 'perldoc' tool
(or as man pages, or HTML, or ...) aren't stored separately. They're
embedded in the module itself, in a format called POD - Plain Ol'
Documentation.

That's true of the Perl core (which includes -a- version of CGI.pm).
See 'perldoc perldoc' for more about the perldoc tool.
See 'perldoc perlpod' for more about the POD format.

See http://stein.cshl.org/WWW/CGI/ for the author's own
maintained-in-HTML documentation for CGI.pm, and download of the
recent version to which it refers.