    -Robin
    --
    [ webmaster @ infusedlight.net ]
    Robin, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Robin

    Clyde Ingram Guest

    Robin,

    "Robin" <robin @ infusedlight.net> wrote in message
    news:c655kv$s58$...
    > What are the easter eggs in cgi.pm... ? I must ask.

    Er . . . An eggcellent question. I must answer.

    The eggs have all been sold off, but looking at ":html2", I should
    'comment', or 'cite', that it gives you the 'option' to 'Select' from a fine
    'menu', for 'input' to your 'body';
    ":html3" offers a 'big' (or 'small') 'table' to 'sup' at, in 'style' -- I
    recommend the 'applet';
    ":form" provides a 'hidden' 'radio_goup' to serenade you at your banquet;
    to finish off, ":cgi" suggests a 'cookie', or 'raw_cookie', if your prefer.

    Regards,
    Clyde
    Clyde Ingram, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Robin

    Clyde Ingram Guest

    > What are the easter eggs in cgi.pm... ? I must ask.

    Oh, alright then, Webmaster Robin, come out of your shell and break it to
    us: What are the easter eggs in cgi.pm?
    Clyde Ingram, Apr 22, 2004
  4. Robin

    Robin Guest

    "Clyde Ingram"
    <> wrote
    in message news:mZThc.2$...

    > "Robin" <robin @ infusedlight.net> wrote in message
    > > What are the easter eggs in cgi.pm... ? I must ask.

    > Oh, alright then, Webmaster Robin, come out of your shell and break it to
    > us: What are the easter eggs in cgi.pm?

    well, I was looking through the code, and I thought I could get it to print
    some information on how to use it, but then I realized it's probably just
    the comments and some docs in there as commnets, I'm still not sure about
    this, I'll have to look again, it's near the bottom.
    -Robin
    Robin, Apr 23, 2004
  5. Robin wrote:

    > well, I was looking through the code, and I thought I could get it to
    > print some information on how to use it, but then I realized it's probably
    > just the comments and some docs in there as commnets

    That's more or less what it is. The docs you read with the 'perldoc' tool
    (or as man pages, or HTML, or ...) aren't stored separately. They're
    embedded in the module itself, in a format called POD - Plain Ol'
    Documentation.

    See 'perldoc perldoc' for more about the perldoc tool.
    See 'perldoc perlpod' for more about the POD format.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Apr 23, 2004
  6. CGI.pm, was Re: cgi.pm

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Sherm Pendley wrote:

    > Robin wrote:
    >
    > > well, I was looking through the code, and I thought I could get it to
    > > print some information on how to use it, but then I realized it's probably
    > > just the comments and some docs in there as commnets

    > That's more or less what it is. The docs you read with the 'perldoc' tool
    > (or as man pages, or HTML, or ...) aren't stored separately. They're
    > embedded in the module itself, in a format called POD - Plain Ol'
    > Documentation.

    That's true of the Perl core (which includes -a- version of CGI.pm).

    > See 'perldoc perldoc' for more about the perldoc tool.
    > See 'perldoc perlpod' for more about the POD format.

    See http://stein.cshl.org/WWW/CGI/ for the author's own
    maintained-in-HTML documentation for CGI.pm, and download of the
    recent version to which it refers.
    Alan J. Flavell, Apr 23, 2004