cgi script in perl with password protection

blackdog

I have web site that require enter password, the web site is written in
cgi perl script.
When user enter password, the password display on the web which I don't
like.
How do I handle it, let the password display as "******" instead of
real password.

Thanks

Brian Wakem

blackdog said:
I have web site that require enter password, the web site is written in
cgi perl script.
When user enter password, the password display on the web which I don't
like.
How do I handle it, let the password display as "******" instead of
real password.

Thanks

This is an HTML question.

The answer is change 'input type="text"' to 'input type="password"'.

xhoster

blackdog said:
I have web site that require enter password, the web site is written in
cgi perl script.
When user enter password, the password display on the web which I don't
like.
How do I handle it, let the password display as "******" instead of
real password.

If you are using CGI.pm, then do it the way the perldocs for CGI.pm say to.

If you are rolling the html yourself, then this isn't a Perl question, but
a html question.

Xho