    file with the UID of the user who started the CGIHTTPServer.

    Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Sullivan, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Sullivan

    Sullivan Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:00:20 +0200, Sullivan wrote:

    > When I run a CGI script (Python) with Python's CGIHTTPServer, it
    > should run with the UID of the user 'nobody' (as the documentation
    > says).
    >
    > But if I let the CGI script e.g. create a file, it creates the
    > file with the UID of the user who started the CGIHTTPServer.
    >
    > Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

    Answer to myself:

    What I did wrong was not to think first resp. not to read the
    source code of CGIHTTPServer; clearly, CGIHTTPServer can only
    fork to run the CGI script as user 'nobody' when it is run
    by 'root' and not by an arbitrary user. (If an arbitrary user
    can't 'su - nobody' without knowing nobody's password, how should
    CGIHTTPServer do it :)

    Sorry!
    Sullivan, Jul 4, 2004