CGIs for Linux Web Server but Windows PC for developing

Irena

Hi all there,

I want to develop in C a couple of CGIs to be uploaded on a Linux Web
Server.
Unfortunately (or fortunately, just a question of points of view), I use
a classical Windows 2k/XP PC to locally develop/debug the software.

I'm wondering if any of you can suggest a good C cross compiler I can
use to locally develop and test on a Windows platform and upload a
proper binary code on a Linux platform.

Many thanks.
Regards,
Irena

Shanmuhanathan T

Hi all there,

I want to develop in C a couple of CGIs to be uploaded on a Linux Web
Server.
Unfortunately (or fortunately, just a question of points of view), I use
a classical Windows 2k/XP PC to locally develop/debug the software.

I'm wondering if any of you can suggest a good C cross compiler I can
use to locally develop and test on a Windows platform and upload a
proper binary code on a Linux platform.

Many thanks.
Regards,
Irena
Before the 'purists' frequenting the newsgroup admonish you for asking
an 'off-topic' question, Google would be able to provide some useful
answer or other useful places to search:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=cross+compile+to+linux+from+windows

Guest

| I want to develop in C a couple of CGIs to be uploaded on a Linux Web
| Server.
| Unfortunately (or fortunately, just a question of points of view), I use
| a classical Windows 2k/XP PC to locally develop/debug the software.
|
| I'm wondering if any of you can suggest a good C cross compiler I can
| use to locally develop and test on a Windows platform and upload a
| proper binary code on a Linux platform.

You should get a shell account on the server in question. If they trust
you to execute code on the machine, then a shell account is no further
risk. If they can't trust you, they shouldn't allow you to run CGI there
at all. It's easy to run a CGI script that installs a backdoor that lets
you access via SSH (putty for Windows as the client). Or maybe you can
make a CGI script that actually does the compiling of C programs on that
server for you.

one2001boy

Irena said:
Hi all there,

I want to develop in C a couple of CGIs to be uploaded on a Linux Web
Server.
Unfortunately (or fortunately, just a question of points of view), I use
a classical Windows 2k/XP PC to locally develop/debug the software.

I'm wondering if any of you can suggest a good C cross compiler I can
use to locally develop and test on a Windows platform and upload a
proper binary code on a Linux platform.

Many thanks.
Regards,
Irena

You may ask future CGI qustions in
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi

If you don't require to compile C code into binary, you can try
cross platform C/C++ interpreter Ch for CGI programming. Its free CGI
toolkit is similar to ASP and JSP for web programming, and you don't
have to start everything from scratch.

http://www.softintegration.com/products/toolkit/cgi/