challenge - can this be done?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by alxasa@gmail.com, Oct 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Try navigating to HOTMAIL from the resulting page.... eventually it
    pops out of frames mode. Is there any different approach to this that
    will not do that? Alxasa

    <loadme.htm code>
    <frameset rows="50%,50%">
    <frame src="" name="main">
    <frame src="page.htm" name="menu">
    </frameset>

    <page.htm code>
    <head>
    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!-- hide

    function load(url) {
    parent.main.location.href= url;
    }

    // -->
    </script>
    </head>

    , Oct 13, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Try navigating to HOTMAIL from the resulting page.... eventually it
    > pops out of frames mode. Is there any different approach to this that
    > will not do that? Alxasa

    No. If they include target="top" in a link, the destination page will
    replace the entire frameset in the browser.

    Harlan Messinger, Oct 13, 2006

  3. Harlan Messinger wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Try navigating to HOTMAIL from the resulting page.... eventually it
    > > pops out of frames mode. Is there any different approach to this that
    > > will not do that? Alxasa

    > No. If they include target="top" in a link, the destination page will
    > replace the entire frameset in the browser.

    True... unless you were able to use an iframe in an .hta file, in which
    case I believe that "top" is limited to the iframe itself (if you don't
    set application='yes" on the iframe).

    Kev

    Kevin Darling, Oct 14, 2006

    Kevin Darling wrote:
    > Harlan Messinger wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > > > Try navigating to HOTMAIL from the resulting page.... eventually it
    > > > pops out of frames mode. Is there any different approach to this that
    > > > will not do that? Alxasa

    > > No. If they include target="top" in a link, the destination page will
    > > replace the entire frameset in the browser.

    > True... unless you were able to use an iframe in an .hta file, in which
    > case I believe that "top" is limited to the iframe itself (if you don't
    > set application='yes" on the iframe).
    >
    > Kev

    Hi Kev, how would that code & process look exactly?

    , Oct 14, 2006
  5. jojo Guest

    wrote:
    > Try navigating to HOTMAIL from the resulting page.... eventually it
    > pops out of frames mode. Is there any different approach to this that
    > will not do that? Alxasa

    It's not very kind to view webpages of other people in a frame in your
    site. What would you say if I would display a beautiful site of yours in
    a frame of my site so it looks like it was mine? No, you really
    shouldn't do that. Many people try to prevent that within their code.
    You can for example add this script to your site to make sure that it
    isn't displayed in a foreign frame (of course it only works if JS isn't
    switched off):
    <script type="text/javascript">
    if (window!=top.window) location.href="LINK TO YOUR SITE";
    </script>
    Or you could add a base-tag to your website to break the frameset if a
    link is clicked:
    <base href="LINK TO YOUR SITE" target="_top">
    So you see it's quite simple to brevent a site from beeing displayed in
    a frameset. And that's quite good.

    jojo

    jojo, Oct 14, 2006