Challenge: Can you solve the game of Munch/Chomp?

Stedwick

http://www.philipbrocoum.com/munch/

I think the game is really fun, especially since the comp will whoop
your butt.

Anyway, I solved it in my own, ridiculously newb-ish way using Ruby
(I'm a math guy, not a programming guy). But, that's one of the
reasons I love Ruby, it's making programming fun again.

Anyway, I found this to be a good math challenge, and slightly less so
a good programming challenge.

So, give it a shot! And let me know what you come up with.

Philip

PS I'm really into solving games with Ruby these days. I was reading
the incredible blog posts about solving Boggle with Ruby here (and
translating it to C++):
http://www.danvk.org/wp/2007-01-30/boggle-2-the-shortest-solver/

In only 12 lines, no less.

Fascinating stuff!

Stedwick

Haha, I'll add Tactics to my list of airport games: games that you
play with a sheet of paper with your friends while delayed at the
airport =)

Nell636132