Chameleon schemas - Grandchild includes

wooks

Schema A with targetnamespace X
includes and references schema B with no targetnamespace which in
turn
includes schema C also with no targetnamespace.

Thus B and C are chameleon schemas that take on the namespace X. But I
did not realise this applied to elements referenced in B but defined
in C, which has kiboshed my cunning plan to make such a reference and
led to a validation error.

Aside from substituting the include for C in B with the actual type
definitions (which I know works) can anybody suggest a way round this
problem.