Change a flash on the fly.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Defacta, Aug 10, 2007.

  1. Defacta

    Defacta Guest

    Hi!

    Is it possible to change the content of a flash object with javascript
    to change a video without having to reload all the page...

    The HTML source of the flash is:

    <script type="text/javascript"> AC_FL_RunContent('codebase','http://
    download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/
    swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0','width','776','height','96','align','middle','src','flash/
    menu','quality','high','bgcolor','#ffffff','name','flash/
    menu','allowscriptaccess','sameDomain','pluginspage','http://
    www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','flash/menu' );
    </script>
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/
    swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="718" height="141">
    <param name="movie" value="flash/video1.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <embed src="flash/video1.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://
    www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-
    flash" width="718" height="141"></embed>
    </object>
    </noscript>

    Thanks,
    Vincent.

    Defacta, Aug 10, 2007

  2. Defacta wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > Is it possible to change the content of a flash object with javascript
    > to change a video without having to reload all the page...

    beg your pardon? what do you want to achieve? If you want to change a
    video use a video-editor, if you want to edit a flash-file, then use
    flash. Why would you want to use JS for any of the above? JS is
    client-side, your flash-object is server-side...

    bernhard

    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply

    Bernhard Sturm, Aug 10, 2007

  3. Defacta

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Aug 10, 8:41 am, Defacta <> wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > Is it possible to change the content of a flash object with javascript
    > to change a video without having to reload all the page...
    >
    > The HTML source of the flash is:

    > <script type="text/javascript"> AC_FL_RunContent('codebase','http://
    > download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/
    > swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0','width','776','height','96','align','middle','src','flash/
    > menu','quality','high','bgcolor','#ffffff','name','flash/
    > menu','allowscriptaccess','sameDomain','pluginspage','http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','flash/menu');
    > </script>
    > <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    > codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/
    > swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="718" height="141">
    > <param name="movie" value="flash/video1.swf">
    > <param name="quality" value="high">
    > <embed src="flash/video1.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-
    > flash" width="718" height="141"></embed>
    > </object>
    > </noscript>

    If I understand what you want to do, there is no need to use script.
    When making the first flash, encode it to switch to another flash
    display with onclick or at the end of a flash movie. Then in your page
    code, you only have to use the first flash object, and the switching
    to another flash display is done automatically.

    cwdjrxyz, Aug 10, 2007
  4. Defacta

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:41:23
    GMT Defacta scribed:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Is it possible to change the content of a flash object with javascript
    > to change a video without having to reload all the page...

    The short answer is "No."

    The long answer is "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo."

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Aug 10, 2007

    Travis Newbury, Aug 13, 2007
  6. On Aug 10, 12:57 pm, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    > > Is it possible to change the content of a flash object with javascript
    > > to change a video without having to reload all the page...

    > The short answer is "No."
    > The long answer is "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo."

    Actually both the long and short answers are yes. You can easily do
    that using FSCommand or the newer Externalinterface class. Both allow
    javascript/Flash communication, and were designed to perform
    functionality just like this.

    The real question is why would you do it like that rather than using
    Flash itself. (based on the description of what they are trying to do)

    Travis Newbury, Aug 13, 2007
  7. Defacta

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:10:48 GMT
    Travis Newbury scribed:

    > On Aug 10, 12:57 pm, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    >> > Is it possible to change the content of a flash object with javascript
    >> > to change a video without having to reload all the page...

    >> The short answer is "No."
    >> The long answer is "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo."

    > Actually both the long and short answers are yes. You can easily do
    > that using FSCommand or the newer Externalinterface class. Both allow
    > javascript/Flash communication, and were designed to perform
    > functionality just like this.

    You can change a Flash movie once it's loaded to another flick _without_
    reloading the page? -Ain't seen it and ain't convinced.

    > The real question is why would you do it like that rather than using
    > Flash itself. (based on the description of what they are trying to do)

    Maybe they're just wierd.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Aug 13, 2007