change a frames location

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Caroline, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. Caroline

    Caroline Guest

    Greetings,

    Suppose I have a URL sous forme de string inside the main html file
    which contains frames.

    How can I assign this URL to one of these frames?

    Par exemple,

    <frameset rows="*,20,20" cols="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="no"
    border="0">
    <frame src="" name="main" scrolling="auto" noresize>
    <frame src="file2.html" name="FooterUp" scrolling="no" noresize>
    <frame src="file3.html" scrolling="no" noresize>

    <script>
    Adresse = "http://www.google.com"
    document.main.location.href=Adresse;
    </script>

    But this is not working,
    Any ideas?

    Thank you

    Caroline, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Caroline

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    (Caroline) wrote:

    [snipped issues with combination of JavaScript and frames]

    > Any ideas?

    Frames form a usability issue on pages for the Web. Dependance on
    JavaScript forms an accessibility issue. Drop both and rethink your
    problem. Use CSS for layout and JavaScript for bells and whistles.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, Aug 28, 2004