Change "Access is Denied" default page in web application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Curt_C [MVP], Jan 15, 2004.

  1. Curt_C [MVP]

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    you can specify the page that each error goes to in the IIS manager.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    "Ueslei R. Valentini" <> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    > I'm using Windows Authentication in my application, restricting

    permissions

    Ueslei R. Valentini, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Curt_C [MVP]

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    is that the error number?
    Also, make sure to stop/restart IIS

    Curt_C [MVP], Jan 15, 2004
  4. In IIS I changed the 401.2 error page, but It still showing the same error
    message...

    What exactly I need change?

    HSH
    Ueslei

    Ueslei R. Valentini, Jan 15, 2004
  5. "Ueslei R. Valentini" <>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
    yazdý:...
    > Hi!
    > I'm using Windows Authentication in my application, restricting

    permissions
    > with authorization for specific users. But when someone try to access and
    > don't have permissions, the default page "Access is Denied" appears...
    >
    > Can I figure out this and show my own page?
    >
    > HSH
    > Ueslei

    sorry for polluting if u know all these but
    may be this will work
    in web.config file make these changes if u don't
    <customErrors mode="on">
    'maybe your mode is "RemoteOnly" or "off"
    'if it is "RemoteOnly" then it is just returns the default error page to
    local
    <error redirect="url" statusCode="code">
    </customErrors>

    good luck

    Murat Tunaboylu, Jan 15, 2004