change background-color

alexjaquet

Hi,

I need to change background-color of input when disabled is set to
disabled. I already 've tryed

input[disabled="disabled"] {
background-color:#333333;
color:#FF0000;
}

but it's doesn't work

any idea ?

Jonathan N. Little

Hi,

I need to change background-color of input when disabled is set to
disabled. I already 've tryed

input[disabled="disabled"] {
background-color:#333333;
color:#FF0000;
}

but it's doesn't work

any idea ?

Most modern browsers already do this internally, the old ones that don't
also don't support the CSS require to 'trap' the condition....

alexjaquet

Thks Jonatan but it's doesn't work with IE 6 or 7. I've tryed to
hardcode
document.select_wish.category.style.color = 'green';

but it's doesn't work to,

this work under Firefox :
input[disabled="disabled"] {
background-color:#333333;
color:#FF0000;
} or

document.select_wish.category.style.color = 'green';

Jonathan N. Little

Thks Jonatan but it's doesn't work with IE 6 or 7. I've tryed to
hardcode
document.select_wish.category.style.color = 'green';

but it's doesn't work to,

this work under Firefox :
input[disabled="disabled"] {
background-color:#333333;
color:#FF0000;
} or

document.select_wish.category.style.color = 'green';
Do to IE's incomplete support of CSS and CSS selectors, but my point was
that modern browsers now support disable form elements and internally
'dim' the visual appearance of the disabled control. Why do you feel the
need to micromanage the disabled appearance? I know it varies by OS, but
why would you want to change what the visitor is familiar with and
recognizes as "disabled"?