    but it's doesn't work

    any idea ?
    , May 22, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to change background-color of input when disabled is set to
    > disabled. I already 've tryed
    >
    > input[disabled="disabled"] {
    > background-color:#333333;
    > color:#FF0000;
    > }
    >
    > but it's doesn't work
    >
    > any idea ?

    Most modern browsers already do this internally, the old ones that don't
    also don't support the CSS require to 'trap' the condition....

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, May 22, 2006

    Thks Jonatan but it's doesn't work with IE 6 or 7. I've tryed to
    hardcode
    document.select_wish.category.style.color = 'green';

    but it's doesn't work to,

    this work under Firefox :
    input[disabled="disabled"] {
    background-color:#333333;
    color:#FF0000;
    } or

    document.select_wish.category.style.color = 'green';
    , May 24, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > Thks Jonatan but it's doesn't work with IE 6 or 7. I've tryed to
    > hardcode
    > document.select_wish.category.style.color = 'green';
    >
    > but it's doesn't work to,
    >
    > this work under Firefox :
    > input[disabled="disabled"] {
    > background-color:#333333;
    > color:#FF0000;
    > } or
    >
    > document.select_wish.category.style.color = 'green';

    Do to IE's incomplete support of CSS and CSS selectors, but my point was
    that modern browsers now support disable form elements and internally
    'dim' the visual appearance of the disabled control. Why do you feel the
    need to micromanage the disabled appearance? I know it varies by OS, but
    why would you want to change what the visitor is familiar with and
    recognizes as "disabled"?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, May 24, 2006

    , May 24, 2006
  6. 1) Please quote what you are referring to, when using a newsreader we do
    not see the previous message in the same window link the webpage Google
    Groups produces

    wrote:
    > Hi Jonathan ,
    >
    > In fact I want to change style properties for the visibility, I use
    > input fields in my website
    > like here :
    > http://avant-garde.no-ip.biz/cgi-bin/recordz.cgi?lang=fr&action=detailother&article=7790

    The above link produces no output, not even a response header!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    Jonathan N. Little, May 24, 2006