    is there a module that turn this directly into yyyymmdd?

    Xah

    ∑ http://xahlee.org/

    Xah Lee, Aug 31, 2005

  2. [Xah Lee]
    > Apache by default uses the following format for date:
    > 30/Aug/2005
    >
    > is there a module that turn this directly into yyyymmdd?

    Use time.strptime() and time.strftime().

    Not a single occurrence of the f**k word. You're making progress. Keep it up!

    --
    Lars Gustäbel

    Truth is the invention of a liar.
    (Anonymous)

    Lars =?utf-8?q?Gust=C3=A4bel?=, Aug 31, 2005

  3. Lars Gustäbel wrote:

    > Not a single occurrence of the f**k word. You're making progress.

    perhaps, but why is he posting apache questions to the python list?

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Aug 31, 2005
  4. Xah Lee

    alex23 Guest

    Fredrik Lundh wrote:
    > perhaps, but why is he posting apache questions to the python list?

    The real question is why is he asking for our help at all, given:

    Xah Lee wrote:
    > **** the Python programing morons.

    - alex23

    alex23, Sep 1, 2005
  5. Xah Lee

    Steve Holden Guest

    alex23 wrote:
    > Fredrik Lundh wrote:
    >
    >>perhaps, but why is he posting apache questions to the python list?

    > The real question is why is he asking for our help at all, given:
    >
    > Xah Lee wrote:
    >
    >>**** the Python programing morons.

    He isn't asking for help. He's simply masturbating.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119

    Steve Holden, Sep 1, 2005
  6. Xah Lee

    alex23 Guest

    Steve Holden wrote:
    > He isn't asking for help. He's simply masturbating.

    Now _that_ is how you kill a thread :)

    - alex23

    alex23, Sep 1, 2005
  7. Xah Lee

    Paul McGuire Guest

    Oh, please! Even the most lopsided, opinionated, um, person could have
    tried, oh, maybe, "time" as a possible module for this function?

    What next? "Is there a module or class that will convert 'I have no
    shame. ' to upper case, AND trim the trailing whitespace?" (Hint: it
    has to do with 'string' data.)

    -- Paul

    Paul McGuire, Sep 1, 2005