    appropriate favicon type for specific browser?

    Regards,
    M.
    mistral, Apr 24, 2008

  2. mistral

    Evertjan. Guest

    mistral wrote on 24 apr 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Does it possible change favicon icon depending on browser type:
    > display favicon.ico for Internet Explorer browsers, and favicon.gif
    > for the rest browsers?

    I suppose you can do that serverside, not with a clientside script.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Apr 24, 2008

  3. mistral

    mistral Guest

    On 25 ÁÐÒ, 01:20, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    > mistral wrote on 24 apr 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >
    > > Does it possible change favicon icon depending on browser type:
    > > display favicon.ico for Internet Explorer browsers, and favicon.gif
    > > for the rest browsers?

    > I suppose you can do that serverside, not with a clientside script.
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    ---------

    You mean change it with PHP?

    thanks
    mistral, Apr 24, 2008
  4. mistral

    Evertjan. Guest

    mistral wrote on 25 apr 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > On 25 ÁÐÒ, 01:20, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    >> mistral wrote on 24 apr 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >>
    >> > Does it possible change favicon icon depending on browser type:
    >> > display favicon.ico for Internet Explorer browsers, and favicon.gif
    >> > for the rest browsers?

    >> I suppose you can do that serverside, not with a clientside script.

    [please do not quote signatures on usenet]

    > You mean change it with PHP?

    No, not especially so.

    Any serverside language,
    so also serverside javascript [ = ASP-jscript].

    You could return a stream depending on the reported user agent,
    [not neccesarily the factual one].

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Apr 24, 2008
  5. mistral

    Evertjan. Guest

    Evertjan. wrote on 25 apr 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > mistral wrote on 25 apr 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

    >>> I suppose you can do that serverside, not with a clientside script.

    > [please do not quote signatures on usenet]
    >
    >> You mean change it with PHP?

    > No, not especially so.
    >
    > Any serverside language,
    > so also serverside javascript [ = ASP-jscript].
    >
    > You could return a stream depending on the reported user agent,
    > [not neccesarily the factual one].

    .... or have serverisde change the meta tag.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Apr 24, 2008