    Howard Guest

    how do i change the file extention of asp.net file?
    ie. from .aspx to .mspx
    Howard, Jan 5, 2006

  2. Well I believe you are asking how can you map a request showing default.mspx
    and still match it to default.aspx and show default.mspx. If so you need to
    create a HTTP handler, if that's what you are asking, let me know and I'll
    help you to do so.

    Cheers
    Al

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxiZXJ0IFBhc2N1YWw=?=, Jan 5, 2006

  3. Howard

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Map mspx extension in IIS to the same ASP.NET ISAPI handler as .aspx already
    is mapped (aspnet_isapi.dll). Then also on the applications's web config map
    mspx extension to PageHandlerFactory. You can look into machine.config for
    an example

    <httpHandlers>
    <add verb="*" path="*.aspx"
    type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory" />
    </httpHandlers>

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider