Change HREF of a Link w JS.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Evan, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. Evan

    Evan Guest

    Hi,

    Ok, so I need to change the href of a link on our php driven auction
    calendar. what I need to do is change the href in the "More Info"
    button link from "auction_detail.php?ID=91582" to
    "http://www.primetimeauctions.com/auctions/2006_auctions/koseris_real_estate/KoserisEstate.shtml"

    I do not have access to the template or scripting that supplies the
    html, and whoever designed it used the same name for similar div's,
    i.e. EVERY more info button on the page has a div id of
    "listMoreButton". So I can't reference the exact div and change it's
    href. The reason I need to do this is that the html parser used by our
    hosting company is retarded, does not work correctly. look at
    http://www.primetimeauctions.com/auction_detail.php?ID=91582 to see
    what it does, and
    http://www.primetimeauctions.com/auctions/2006_auctions/koseris_real_estate/KoserisEstate.shtml
    to see what it's supposed to look like. Where I have that page already
    in place and functioning correctly, I would rather just change the link
    on the More Info button using JS than make them fix their html upload
    utility (because they won't).

    We have a sitewide global.js that executes onLoad. it does a variety
    of things, and the function(s) i have written to do this simple change
    do not work. Here is the code i have :

    function kswap() {
    var srch = "auction_detail.php?ID=91582";
    var replc =
    "http://www.primetimeauctions.com/auctions/2006_auctions/koseris_real_estate/KoserisEstate.shtml";
    /*if (document.getElementById(listMoreButton).href == srch)
    {document.getElementById(listMoreButton).href = replc}*/

    for (var i=0; i<(document.links.length); i++)
    {
    if (document.link.href == srch) {document.link.href = replc;}

    The commented out seciton was how i originally tried to get this to
    work, but there are multiple div's with that id (listMoreButton).

    I have spent hours searching and testing with no luck. I couldn't find
    anyone in a situation similart to mine. Any help would be appreciated.
    If there is any way to change the href of a link delivered through php
    with a sitewide javascript that executes on page load, please help
    point me in the right direction.

    Thanks Already,
    Evan
    Evan, Mar 28, 2006