Change in date format.

Miguel Orrego

Hi,

My asp pages that display data from databases have suddenly changed the date
format they display from UK to US, i.e. 11/17/2001 for 17th Nov 2003.

I have checked on the win2k sp3 server that they run on, and the date/time
zone is GMT UK and also the regional settings are correct for the UK.

The server has been patched in the last couple of weeks, but I'm not sure
which patches as various engineers have access to it. However, does anybody
know why this should happen when all the date/time settings are correct for
the UK format?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt Smith

Miguel Orrego said:
Hi,

My asp pages that display data from databases have suddenly changed the date
format they display from UK to US, i.e. 11/17/2001 for 17th Nov 2003.

I have checked on the win2k sp3 server that they run on, and the date/time
zone is GMT UK and also the regional settings are correct for the UK.

The server has been patched in the last couple of weeks, but I'm not sure
which patches as various engineers have access to it. However, does anybody
know why this should happen when all the date/time settings are correct for
the UK format?

My host had a similar problem with my pages. Immediatly after a Windows
Update was applied, regional settings all appeared to be in order yet my
(and only my) pages displayed in US format. I don't know if a reason or
solution was ever found because I just set @LCID=2057 at the start of my
pages now.

Have a look at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/iisref/htm/ref_mb_AspLCID.asp