Change in Request("HTTP_AUTHORIZATION") from W2k to W2k3?

Bob Murdoch

I just moved my website from a Win2000 server to a Win2003 server.

On the old server, we would prompt for the user name and password via the
WWW-Authenticate header, retrieve the Base64 values provided by the user
from Request("HTTP_AUTHORIZATION"), decode them, and validate the user
against our database.

However, after moving to Win2003 server, the user is no longer prompted for
the user name and password. The HTTP_AUTHORIZATION comes back immediately,
and decoding it reveals a very long string of garbage.

Obviously something has changed between these two version of IIS. Anyone
know what the problem may be?

Bob M..

Bob Murdoch

Arrgh...

Integrated Windows Authentication must *not* be enabled for this to work.
Looks like it's enabled by default for new web sites. It may have been the
same for Win2k, but it's been so long since this site was created that I
don't remember...

Thanks anyway.

Bob M..