    english but Idon't want to change the computer settings to achieve
    this.
    Thanks
    Emilio, Dec 29, 2006

  2. Emilio

    Real Gagnon Guest

    > I've installed jre 6 I can't find any option to change the display
    > language for the java control panel or java console. I have win xp in
    > English but with a Spanish country setting. I know if I change the
    > regional setting to English it will run the java control panel in
    > english but Idon't want to change the computer settings to achieve
    > this.

    For the Java console, in java control panel - java tab, you can set
    parameters for JRE Applet runtime.

    Specify -Duser.language=en to override the default locale.

    As for the java control panel itself, I don't know.

    Bye.

    --
    Real Gagnon from Quebec, Canada
    * Looking for Java or PB code examples ? Visit Real's How-to
    Real Gagnon, Dec 29, 2006

  3. Emilio

    Emilio Guest

    Thanks but I was looking for the jre language option (java control
    panel and java console). I think in an old version there was and option
    at the java control to change it's display language but from version 5
    or so it's gone, it takes the language preference from the computer and
    so far nodoby nows how to override this

    Emilio, Dec 29, 2006