    and I will probably start using that, but I was looking for something in the
    default Administration Website.

    Am I missing asomething obvious?

    Herb, Mar 1, 2007

  2. Hello,

    I think you consider the PasswordRecovery Class in ASP.NET. It provide a
    option ofr user to get back their password with email. I think this is
    better than let user reset the password, and this is also the most popular
    way to handle a forgot password:

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.passwordr
    ecovery.aspx

    Sincerely,

    Luke Zhang

    Microsoft Online Community Support
    ications.

    Luke Zhang [MSFT], Mar 2, 2007

  3. Herb

    Herb Guest

    Luke,

    Thanks for the reply. Many of my users do not have email access, so this is
    not a viable option.

    Herb, Mar 2, 2007
  4. Hello,

    For this siuation, we have to use aspnet_Membership_ResetPassword, or
    update the data in the database directly. ( The MembershipUser class
    provides methods like ChangePassword or ResetPassword, but they can only be
    used after a user has login in, and perform some operation like change
    password. If a user forgot his password, these methods cannot be used.)

    Luke Zhang [MSFT], Mar 5, 2007