  1. when a user requests a password reset, a email is sent to them with the new
    password and the URL for the login page. When the login for the first time
    how can I force them to go to my change password screen?

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=, Jul 14, 2006

  2. Hi Tom,

    How about writing to the Comment field when the password is reset and then
    testing for that marker when they log in again?

    dim mbr as MembershipUser
    mbr = membership.GetUser("JackieReeve")
    mbr.Comment="MustChangePassword"

    '---------------------

    if mbr.Comment="MustChangePassword" then
    label1.Text="You need to change your password"
    end if
    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 15, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

    John Guest

    I'm not using the MemberShip API or .NET 2.0 I'm using .NET 1.0 right now
    for this app.

    John, Jul 15, 2006