change Registry with asp

nikou_70

I have a message in (LegalNoticeText) in winlogin in registry ,when
user( in our network) log to windows can see massage that I put in
LegalNoticeText , every day I should change this message(it's message
of the day) I write a html form that I could input massage in it ,I
want to change the value of the LegalNoticeText with text box in this
form, or if you have any other way that I can change the value of the
LegalNoticeText?( user allow WScript run is there any way with that?)
Thanks for your help,

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

ASP is NOT the right technology for this by any means.

1. ASP runs on the server, not on the client machine where that setting is
stored.

2. You would not want to open up the security holes that you'd need to
allow client-side scripting in a Web page to access the registry.

3. Ordinary users should not have the rights to change this data in the
registry.

Talk to your domain admin about using policies to control these messages.

Ray at work

Patrice

If you want to do that from a web site (this is your company intranet ?) why
don't you just display the message of the day on the welcome page of this
site ?

Else it's too late anyway as the user is already logged plus you'll have to
enable this on your coporate station as it won't work by default for
security reasons.

Even though another option could be to use poledit, IMO this is not the
appropriate place for such a message. You could instead have a login script
that launch whatever you want (either ie on a web site or a whetever
application you want) to display this message of the day...

My personal preference would be to have this available on the intranet
site...