    LegalNoticeText?( user allow WScript run is there any way with that?)
    Thanks for your help,

    , Feb 7, 2006

  2. ASP is NOT the right technology for this by any means.

    1. ASP runs on the server, not on the client machine where that setting is
    stored.

    2. You would not want to open up the security holes that you'd need to
    allow client-side scripting in a Web page to access the registry.

    3. Ordinary users should not have the rights to change this data in the
    registry.

    Talk to your domain admin about using policies to control these messages.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Feb 7, 2006

  3. Patrice Guest

    If you want to do that from a web site (this is your company intranet ?) why
    don't you just display the message of the day on the welcome page of this
    site ?

    Else it's too late anyway as the user is already logged plus you'll have to
    enable this on your coporate station as it won't work by default for
    security reasons.

    Even though another option could be to use poledit, IMO this is not the
    appropriate place for such a message. You could instead have a login script
    that launch whatever you want (either ie on a web site or a whetever
    application you want) to display this message of the day...

    My personal preference would be to have this available on the intranet
    site...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Feb 7, 2006