change text value on changing combo

vinodkus

dear sir/madam
I have a combo which has 2 values
I want when its value is changed then its value should be display in a
text box.
Thanks In Advance

Evertjan.

wrote on 02 jan 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
dear sir/madam
I have a combo which has 2 values
I want when its value is changed then its value should be display in a
text box.
Thanks In Advance

dear madam/sir,

Classic ASP knows of no comboboxing, nor of text boxing.

I think you are barking up the wrong NG tree in this new year.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

dear sir/madam
I have a combo which has 2 values

There is no such thing as a "combo" in html. You should refer to it as a
"select" element.
I want when its value is changed then its value should be display in a
text box.

Client-side scripting questions should be posted to a group like
microsoft.public.scripting.jscript.

In the meantime, use the select's onchange event to change the value of the
input element.

<select
onchange="getElementById("id_of_input").value = this.value;" ... >

vinodkus

I m using but it does not show any respnse please correct my code.
Thanks in Advance

collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="370" height="65">
<select name="SelNum" onChange="getElementById("txtNm1").value =
this.value;">
<option value="By Hand">By Hand</option>
<option value="By Courier">By Courier</
option>
</select>
<input type=text id=txtNm1 name=TxtNum size="20" ></td>

Evertjan.

wrote on 03 jan 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

[Please do not toppost on usenet]
I m using but it does not show any respnse please correct my code.

Please do not go on using the wrong NG!

Bob pointed that out to you ASP is serverside coding.

Try the above advised NG or with even more chance of help:

comp.lang.javascript