    text box.
    Thanks In Advance
    , Jan 2, 2008

  2. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 02 jan 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > dear sir/madam
    > I have a combo which has 2 values
    > I want when its value is changed then its value should be display in a
    > text box.
    > Thanks In Advance

    dear madam/sir,

    Classic ASP knows of no comboboxing, nor of text boxing.

    I think you are barking up the wrong NG tree in this new year.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jan 2, 2008

  3. wrote:
    > dear sir/madam
    > I have a combo which has 2 values

    There is no such thing as a "combo" in html. You should refer to it as a
    "select" element.

    > I want when its value is changed then its value should be display in a
    > text box.

    Client-side scripting questions should be posted to a group like
    microsoft.public.scripting.jscript.

    In the meantime, use the select's onchange event to change the value of the
    input element.

    <select
    onchange="getElementById("id_of_input").value = this.value;" ... >

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 2, 2008

    I m using but it does not show any respnse please correct my code.
    Thanks in Advance

    collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="370" height="65">
    <select name="SelNum" onChange="getElementById("txtNm1").value =
    this.value;">
    <option value="By Hand">By Hand</option>
    <option value="By Courier">By Courier</
    option>
    </select>
    <input type=text id=txtNm1 name=TxtNum size="20" ></td>

    Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > dear sir/madam
    > > I have a combo which has 2 values

    > There is no such thing as a "combo" in html. You should refer to it as a
    > "select" element.
    >
    > > I want when its value is changed then its value should be display in a
    > > text box.

    > Client-side scripting questions should be posted to a group like
    > microsoft.public.scripting.jscript.
    >
    > In the meantime, use the select's onchange event to change the value of the
    > input element.
    >
    > <select
    > onchange="getElementById("id_of_input").value = this.value;" ... >
    >
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    > "NO SPAM"
    , Jan 3, 2008
  5. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 03 jan 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    >> Client-side scripting questions should be posted to a group like
    >> microsoft.public.scripting.jscript.

    [Please do not toppost on usenet]

    > I m using but it does not show any respnse please correct my code.

    Please do not go on using the wrong NG!

    Bob pointed that out to you ASP is serverside coding.

    Try the above advised NG or with even more chance of help:

    comp.lang.javascript

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.