Change the browser setting in IE through programming.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?U2FpIEtpcmFu?=, Sep 2, 2005.

  1. Hi Curt,

    Regarding my previous question, i am not developing a website. i am
    developing a product for our internal company purpose which is located at
    different places. So, i developed a web application for this. Now i want to
    hide address bar, menu bar, Links and Standard Buttons of the browser.

    Actually, we have accomplished this by opening a new window and setting
    it to full screen mode. This is working absolutely fine when we browse the
    application from localhost.

    When we try browsing from remote server, header and footer are coming.
    Header is displaying http://IP-Address - Application Name - Internet Explorer.

    This scenario is happening not only when we browse from remote server but
    also on local server with ip specification.

    i.e. when we give URL like, http://localhost/ApplicationName its working
    perfect. When we give URL like, http://IP-Address/ApplicationName it's not
    working fine.

    --->>>
    And i observed one important issue yesterday. when i tried to browse the
    application from remote server from my friend's pc, it's working absolutely
    fine. i changed all the browser settings exactly same as that browser
    settings on my pc. but still, it's displaying the bar on the top and footer
    on the bottom.

    So, please tell me what settings of the browser should be changed to
    accomplish this. Worst case, please assume that i am only the one accesing
    the application and i want that application to work perfect atleast on my
    browser hiding everything except the body.
    --->>>

    Any help will be appreciated...

    Thanks and Regards,
    Sai Kiran.