    Cheers
    Steve

    , Dec 24, 2008

  2. No. VS 2005 was designed to use the 2.0 framework and that's pretty much it.
    No real sense though if you're looking from downgrading from 3.5 to 2.0
    since all VS 2005 would be able to downgrade to if it was an option would be
    1.x.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Dec 24, 2008

  3. bruce barker Guest

    there are two components in compiling as asp.net application. depending
    on how the project settings are done, some part is compiled by vs using
    the .net compilers and some by asp.net at runtime. vs2005 only knows how
    to compile asp.net 2.0. asp.net knows how to compile based on settimgs
    in the web.config.

    while asp.net 3.5 has no framework changes from 2.0 (thats why you tell
    iis its 2.0), it does have new compliers and additional dll's. in the
    web config you specify the using the new compilers, and any new dll's
    you want.

    note: .net 3.5 sp1 does update the framework.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 24, 2008