change the scrollbar color in a listbox

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sl, Sep 6, 2006.

  1. sl

    sl Guest

    Greetings,

    Is it possible to change the color of the scrollbars in a listbox in a
    browser? I have seen many references to:

    document.body.style.scrollbarFaceColor="colorname"
    document.body.style.scrollbarArrowColor="colorname"
    document.body.style.scrollbarTrackColor="colorname"
    document.body.style.scrollbarShadowColor="colorname"
    document.body.style.scrollbarHighlightColor="colorname"
    document.body.style.scrollbar3dlightColor="colorname"
    document.body.style.scrollbarDarkshadowColor="colorname"

    This does not work. Is it yet a standard? Was it only around for IE5.5+
    then deprecated? I dont want to change the browser scrollbars just the
    scrollbars in a listbox within a browser. See the page
    nflhallofshame.com/database.aspx. I want the listbox to match the color
    scheme.

    Any help would be appr.

    Steve

    sl, Sep 6, 2006

  2. sl

    Tim_Mac Guest

    hi, here is a good post on the matter:
    http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic64883.html

    quote:

    Support for scrollbar colour properties will be spotty at best. According to
    the W3C, "These properties are illegal: they are neither defined in any CSS
    specification nor are they marked as proprietary (by prefixing them with
    "-vendor-")." Until your post, I actually thought they were IE-only; I
    didn't realise Firefox supported them at all.

    hope this helps
    tim

    Tim_Mac, Sep 6, 2006