change the title bar of the JavaScript alert box

Matt

Is there a way to change the title bar of the JavaScript alert box??

If we do the following, it always show Internet Explorer in the title bar
of the box. What if I want to have title "My Title" on the alert box?

alert("Hello");

any ideas? thanks!!

ivanhoe

Is there a way to change the title bar of the JavaScript alert box??

i don't think so...at least no way to make it crossbrowser for sure...
If we do the following, it always show Internet Explorer in the title bar
of the box. What if I want to have title "My Title" on the alert box?

u can fake it, by opening new window instead of dialog...

Grant Wagner

Matt said:
Is there a way to change the title bar of the JavaScript alert box??

Sure, write your own browser, or take an open source browser like Mozilla,
modify the source code, recompile it and deploy it to people you would like
to have the special functionality.

kaeli

Is there a way to change the title bar of the JavaScript alert box??

If we do the following, it always show Internet Explorer in the title bar
of the box. What if I want to have title "My Title" on the alert box?

alert("Hello");

any ideas? thanks!!

For IE only, you can VBScript. VB has a message box function that does allow
the changing of the title text. You can see if VBScript (client-side)
supports MsgBox. Server-side will not, so make sure you run it client-side.
Note that I have no idea if that works; it's just a thought.