change to use .net instead of dreamweaver

Guest

I am having problems using Dreamweaver mx 2000. My company purchased two
licenses of the Universal Macromedia subscription. The other web programmer
is not working at this company any more and I need to make changes to a
website that was written using Dreamweaver mx 2000. I have no experience
with Macromedia.
I copied and pasted the web pages to my windows 2000 operating
workstation and setup the site based upon directions I found on the
Macromedia web site. (I am trying to test the website using my own
workstation that has IIS 5.0 installed on it.)
Thus I am trying to figure out how to Change the entire classic asp web
site from using Macromedia/Dreamweaver website to use Microsoft .net
instead. If so, what other editing tools can I use and what would be required
to change the dreamweaver mx 2000 website to Microsoft .net?
Thanks!

Guest

With .NET, you can, in theory, switch one page at a time. The success of this
endeavor depends on how much is being tracked using Session, as ASP.NET uses
a different session object. There is an article on MSDN on syncing the two
up, but it can get rather advanced.

Dreamweaver can be used to write .NET code, at least the newer version(s).
It is a bit more difficult than using Visual Studio .NET, however.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Guest

Gregory A. Beamer:
What is the article that tells you how to sync the .net asp object with
Dreamweaver object?

Thanks!