    I believe a task like this will require high permissions for the IIS
    and ASPNET users, but it's not a problem for me.

    How can I do that?
    Memi Lavi, Jan 29, 2004

  2. If you don't have AD, what do you have that is the source of the user's
    groups? Are they from an NT4 domain or a local machine?

    In either case, you would use System.DirectoryServices with the WinNT
    provider to do group membership changes.

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Jan 29, 2004

  3. Memi Lavi

    Memi Lavi Guest

    Oops. sorry for forgeting mention that important detail...

    The users and groups are domain-wide.
    I'm not familiar with the WinNT provider and the directoryServices
    namespace. Could you please supply a sample of using it in order to
    change user's group?

    Thanks!

    Memi Lavi, Jan 29, 2004
  4. Assuming you have an NT4 domain, then you should be able to make these
    changes using the WinNT provider with System.DirectoryServices. However, I
    am not at all an expert in NT4 domains, only Active Directory.

    I suggest you repost your question in microsoft.public.adsi.general and let
    some of the other experts in this area help out.

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Jan 29, 2004