Change Wallpaper In Linux Using Java

Stewart Berman

Warning: Newbie

I am trying to get familiar with Java as a desktop application
defilement tool. I wrote a small application that allows the user to
select a set of images (bitmaps and jpegs), order them, set the
display time interval for each and have them rotate through as Windows
wallpaper. This started as a port from Visual Basic 6 and then I
decided that it was better to start over and separate the GUI from the
Code.

It works fine under Windows using a JNI dll.

Now, what do I need to do to make it work under Linux? Is there
support for Linux dependent code in Java or do I need to create the
equivalent of the Windows JNI dll but for Linux? If so, is there a
how to or at least a sample of interface between Java and native
Linux?