Changing CreateQuad() defined Texture - D3D

Xpyder

hey - i am developing a game editor in C++/DX and have encountered a
problem.

when i create map sturcture array (like below) to represent tile
textures:

o,1,o,
1,1,o,
1,1,1,
1,1,o,
o,1,o,

it then replaces the numbers with textures in another struct array and
goes to perform animation etc. I need it to change the texture in the
appropriate tile when the LMB is clicked (left mouse button) BUT when
i run CreateQuad again on the tile in question it flags an error (VC++
6.0) - does anyone know of a solution to this?

Xpy
new google group - Computer Game Development

Victor Bazarov

Xpyder said:
hey - i am developing a game editor in C++/DX and have encountered a
problem.

when i create map sturcture array (like below) to represent tile
textures:

o,1,o,
1,1,o,
1,1,1,
1,1,o,
o,1,o,

it then replaces the numbers with textures

The "structure array" contains small letters 'o', which are not numbers.
That's just BTW.
in another struct array and
goes to perform animation etc. I need it to change the texture in the
appropriate tile when the LMB is clicked (left mouse button) BUT when
i run CreateQuad again on the tile in question it flags an error (VC++
6.0) - does anyone know of a solution to this?

Try a newsgroup where at least one of the things here you named (texture,
animation, LMB, CreateQuad) is on topic. Begin with DirectX newsgroup,
then proceed to Windows OS one, then probably to Visual C++. There is
also a host of game newsgroups, comp.games.development.*...

Your post does not contain a C++ language question and comp.lang.c++ just
happens to be a C++ language newsgroup, I hope you understand why it is
off-topic.

Xpyder

yes i understand why you think that, but DX is an api designed with C++
in mind and is used in conjunction with it

Victor Bazarov

Xpyder said:
yes i understand why you think that, but DX is an api designed with C++
in mind and is used in conjunction with it

Yes, but C++ is not designed with DX in mind and _most_often_ used without
it. That's why you should post to a DX newsgroup and not C++ one.