changing data source in Crystal Reports deletes all bound fields

John Dalberg

When I change the data source for a report say like from SQL to a stored
procedure or if the table fields have changed, all the bound fields on the
report vanish. It's time consuming to recreate all these fields and set the
format in each.

Is there any way to keep the fields and tell CR the new mapping? To map
each field from the old source to the new source.

Guest

Crystal will allow you to design the report using their
text-file-with-table-structure files. The extension is "ttx". You can then
set the data source at run-time.