changing input type file

Gladriel

i would very very much like to change the browse button on the file upload to one of my own

am i right in thinking if i create an inhertited control and overwrite its

TemplateSourceDirectory (inherited from Control)

can I point the control to a aspx page containing a textbox and my own button design?

or should it point to some kind of web control page?

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

the "browse" button with file upload control, is not changeable. After all,
to upload something from browser, you need to use <input type="file">
element (rendered to the browser) and with that it is up to the browser how
it wants to display the Browse button.