Changing MIME type under SSL fails for MSIE6

Pavils Jurjans

Hallo,

Sorry for cross-posting, but in this case it's really a cross-field problem
here:

Please have this ASP code for your consideration:

/////////// ASP code stars here /////////// Filename: excelMIME.asp

<%@language=JScript codepage=65001%>
<%
if (Request("x")+'' == 'show') {

Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel";
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;
filename=ExcelReport.xls;");

%>

<head>
<title> Excel doc </title>
</head>

<% } else { %>

<head>
<title> Excel doc test </title>
</head>

<form method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="x" value="show">
<input type="submit" value="Click here for a POST test">
</form>

<% } %>

/////////// ASP code ends here ///////////

So, this code is intended for testing the opening of HTML report in Excel.
This code works fine under http, but under https it fails to understand the
changed MIME type. What's curious, it fails only on MSIE6, while on
Mozilla1.3 and Opera6 it works without quirks.

Therefore, it certainly seems that it's a client-side problem here, and I
must develop some workaround for this problem. I'd be happy if somebody
could comment on this issue.

Thanks in advance,

-Pavils Jurjans