    If so, hints on where to start are welcome. My intention is to have a
    circle or a rectangle for the cursor.

    Thanks.

    netquest, Sep 13, 2003

  2. netquest <> wrote:
    > Is it possible for me to also change the mouse pointer, for that
    > application or even the desktop, to a transparent bitmap of my choosing?
    > If so, hints on where to start are welcome. My intention is to have a
    > circle or a rectangle for the cursor.

    I assume your platform is Windows, from your phrase "Internet Explorer".
    If you are on Mac, the following does not apply.

    Obvious starting point is MSDN:

    url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/resources/cursors.asp

    win32all package seems to have LoadCursor/SetCursor/ShowCursor in
    win32api module. But if you want to use bitmap of your choice, I think
    you need to use CreateCursor, and it is not wrapped by win32all.

    Perhaps you can use ctypes.

    Does this help?

    Seo Sanghyeon

    Seo Sanghyeon, Sep 14, 2003