    Nospam Guest

    Is there some script out there that can help me automatically change my
    signature in a varierty of website forums I post to?
    Nospam, Jul 30, 2005

  2. "Nospam" <> wrote in message
    news:zqNGe.9628$...
    > Is there some script out there that can help me automatically change my
    > signature in a varierty of website forums I post to?

    Change your signature in what, exactly?

    --Tina
    Tina - AxisHOST, Inc., Jul 30, 2005

  3. Nospam

    Nospam Guest

    "Tina - AxisHOST, Inc." <> wrote in message

    > "Nospam" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there some script out there that can help me automatically change my
    > > signature in a varierty of website forums I post to?

    > Change your signature in what, exactly?
    >
    > --Tina

    as in my signature message, say I was subscribed to a forum, several forums,
    and I had a signature appended to all my posts, is there some script out
    there that can enable me edit my signature in all these forums I am
    subscribed toautomatically?
    Nospam, Jul 30, 2005
  4. "Nospam" <> wrote in message

    > "Tina - AxisHOST, Inc." <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "Nospam" <> wrote in message
    >> > Is there some script out there that can help me automatically change my
    >> > signature in a varierty of website forums I post to?

    >> Change your signature in what, exactly?
    >>
    >> --Tina

    > as in my signature message, say I was subscribed to a forum, several
    > forums,
    > and I had a signature appended to all my posts, is there some script out
    > there that can enable me edit my signature in all these forums I am
    > subscribed toautomatically?

    Since I don't know what program you're using, I can't tell you how to change
    it. Need that info.

    --Tina
    Tina - AxisHOST, Inc., Jul 30, 2005
  5. Nospam

    > "Nospam" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Tina - AxisHOST, Inc." <> wrote in message
    > >>

    > >> "Nospam" <> wrote in message

    my

    > >> Change your signature in what, exactly?
    > >>
    > >> --Tina

    > > as in my signature message, say I was subscribed to a forum, several
    > > forums,
    > > and I had a signature appended to all my posts, is there some script out
    > > there that can enable me edit my signature in all these forums I am
    > > subscribed toautomatically?

    > Since I don't know what program you're using, I can't tell you how to

    change
    > it. Need that info.
    >
    > --Tina

    I don't know if you understand what I mean

    Apart from internet explorer and manually going to the forum website going
    to profile and editing my signature I don't know of any other way, I am
    talking of forums of the type http://www.forum.com/index.php where you get a
    profile and a signature which you can edit, granted you do not have to sign
    up all the time as you get a cookie so you don't have to log in all the
    time, if you have joined several forums and you need to amend your signature
    in all these forums manualy it does become time consuming, if there was a
    browser addon that monitors the forums you have joined and automatically
    helps you edit the signature it would be nice.
    Nospam, Jul 30, 2005
  6. Nospam

    JDS Guest

    JDS, Jul 30, 2005
  7. Nospam wrote:

    > Is there some script out there that can help me automatically change my
    > signature in a varierty of website forums I post to?

    NO WAY a forum's owner would let you change your sig in ALREADY POSTED
    messages! Besides, people run very wide variety of forum software, so your
    chance of changing your sig across all platforms in one go is zero.

    Cheers,
    Dmitri
    http://www.1-script.com/download.php
    Free Search Engine Scripts
    -------------------------------------

    -- ---------------------------------------------
    Article posted with Web Developer's USENET Archive
    http://www.1-script.com/forums
    alt.www.webmaster,alt.html,alt.www.marketing - messages and counting!
    www.1-script.com, Jul 31, 2005
  8. "www.1-script.com" <> wrote in message
    > Nospam wrote:
    >

    >> Is there some script out there that can help me automatically change my
    >> signature in a varierty of website forums I post to?

    > NO WAY a forum's owner would let you change your sig in ALREADY POSTED
    > messages!

    Yes you can. Most message board software changes the sig for all of the
    posts you've made, when you change it in your profile. This is true for
    vBulletin, phpBB, etc.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AxisHOST.com - Serving the web since 1997
    Very Generous Cpanel Hosting & Fully Managed Servers
    Tina - AxisHOST, Inc., Jul 31, 2005
  9. Nospam

    > "www.1-script.com" <> wrote in message
    > > Nospam wrote:
    > >

    > >> Is there some script out there that can help me automatically change my
    > >> signature in a varierty of website forums I post to?

    > > NO WAY a forum's owner would let you change your sig in ALREADY POSTED
    > > messages!

    > Yes you can. Most message board software changes the sig for all of the
    > posts you've made, when you change it in your profile. This is true for
    > vBulletin, phpBB, etc.
    >
    > --Tina
    > --
    > http://www.AxisHOST.com - Serving the web since 1997
    > Very Generous Cpanel Hosting & Fully Managed Servers
    > Newsgroup 20% Discount Code: newsgroup

    If you can automatically sign in to these phpBB with a cookie, isn't there a
    browser add on on firefox or ie to take note of the signatures you have sent
    to these forums and amended them? it is possible is it not?
    Nospam, Jul 31, 2005
  10. "Nospam" <> wrote in message

    > "Tina - AxisHOST, Inc." <> wrote in message
    >> "www.1-script.com" <> wrote in message

    >> > NO WAY a forum's owner would let you change your sig in ALREADY POSTED
    >> > messages!

    >> Yes you can. Most message board software changes the sig for all of the
    >> posts you've made, when you change it in your profile. This is true for
    >> vBulletin, phpBB, etc.
    >>
    >> --Tina
    >> --
    >> http://www.AxisHOST.com - Serving the web since 1997
    >> Very Generous Cpanel Hosting & Fully Managed Servers
    >> Newsgroup 20% Discount Code: newsgroup

    > If you can automatically sign in to these phpBB with a cookie, isn't there
    > browser add on on firefox or ie to take note of the signatures you have
    > sent
    > to these forums and amended them? it is possible is it not?

    I doubt it, seriously.

    --Tina
    Tina - AxisHOST, Inc., Jul 31, 2005
  11. Nospam

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Jul 31, 2005
  12. Nospam

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Tina - AxisHOST, Inc. quothed:

    > > NO WAY a forum's owner would let you change your sig in ALREADY POSTED
    > > messages!

    > Yes you can. Most message board software changes the sig for all of the
    > posts you've made, when you change it in your profile. This is true for
    > vBulletin, phpBB, etc.

    Give that lady a sig-ar!

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jul 31, 2005
  13. Nospam

    JDS Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 02:37:17 +0000, Nospam wrote:

    > If you can automatically sign in to these phpBB with a cookie, isn't there a
    > browser add on on firefox or ie to take note of the signatures you have sent
    > to these forums and amended them? it is possible is it not?

    Lets put it this way:

    Is it possible for you to change the sig on an email once you've sent it?
    How about change the sig on all the emails you've already sent?

    --
    JDS |
    JDS, Jul 31, 2005
  14. Nospam

    Guest

    JDS wrote:
    > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 02:37:17 +0000, Nospam wrote:
    >

    > > If you can automatically sign in to these phpBB with a cookie, isn't there a
    > > browser add on on firefox or ie to take note of the signatures you have sent
    > > to these forums and amended them? it is possible is it not?

    > Lets put it this way:
    >
    > Is it possible for you to change the sig on an email once you've sent it?
    > How about change the sig on all the emails you've already sent?

    What's that got to do with the OP? Are you trying to make some
    smart-arse comment? It's perfectly reasonable to be to change
    signatures in forum posts after you've made them as, in may forum
    applications, the signature is appended to the message during display,
    not during posting. Thus, changing your signature after posting is
    trivial.

    As far as the OP goes, highly unlikely, even though the variables
    required are probably fairly few, and it wouldn't be difficult to knock
    up an application to post data to the script that handles a profile
    update.

    --
    Hywel
    , Aug 1, 2005