Changing multiple signatures across forums I am subscribed to

Guest

Is there some script out there that can help me automatically change my
signature in a varierty of website forums I post to?

Tina - AxisHOST, Inc.

Nospam said:
Is there some script out there that can help me automatically change my
signature in a varierty of website forums I post to?

Change your signature in what, exactly?

--Tina

Guest

Tina - AxisHOST said:
Change your signature in what, exactly?

--Tina

as in my signature message, say I was subscribed to a forum, several forums,
and I had a signature appended to all my posts, is there some script out
there that can enable me edit my signature in all these forums I am
subscribed toautomatically?

Tina - AxisHOST, Inc.

Nospam said:
as in my signature message, say I was subscribed to a forum, several
forums,
and I had a signature appended to all my posts, is there some script out
there that can enable me edit my signature in all these forums I am
subscribed toautomatically?

Since I don't know what program you're using, I can't tell you how to change
it. Need that info.

--Tina

Guest

Tina - AxisHOST said:
Since I don't know what program you're using, I can't tell you how to change
it. Need that info.

--Tina

I don't know if you understand what I mean

Apart from internet explorer and manually going to the forum website going
to profile and editing my signature I don't know of any other way, I am
talking of forums of the type http://www.forum.com/index.php where you get a
profile and a signature which you can edit, granted you do not have to sign
up all the time as you get a cookie so you don't have to log in all the
time, if you have joined several forums and you need to amend your signature
in all these forums manualy it does become time consuming, if there was a
browser addon that monitors the forums you have joined and automatically
helps you edit the signature it would be nice.

JDS

helps you edit the signature it would be nice.

But it almost certainly doesn't exist, as the things a single script would
have to know about are way too variable.

Also, what on earth does this have to do with HTML?

www.1-script.com

Nospam wrote:

Is there some script out there that can help me automatically change my
signature in a varierty of website forums I post to?

NO WAY a forum's owner would let you change your sig in ALREADY POSTED
messages! Besides, people run very wide variety of forum software, so your
chance of changing your sig across all platforms in one go is zero.

Cheers,
Dmitri
http://www.1-script.com/download.php
Free Search Engine Scripts
-------------------------------------

-- ---------------------------------------------
Article posted with Web Developer's USENET Archive
http://www.1-script.com/forums
alt.www.webmaster,alt.html,alt.www.marketing - messages and counting!

Tina - AxisHOST, Inc.

www.1-script.com said:
Nospam wrote:

NO WAY a forum's owner would let you change your sig in ALREADY POSTED
messages!

Yes you can. Most message board software changes the sig for all of the
posts you've made, when you change it in your profile. This is true for
vBulletin, phpBB, etc.

--Tina

Guest

Tina - AxisHOST said:
Yes you can. Most message board software changes the sig for all of the
posts you've made, when you change it in your profile. This is true for
vBulletin, phpBB, etc.

--Tina

If you can automatically sign in to these phpBB with a cookie, isn't there a
browser add on on firefox or ie to take note of the signatures you have sent
to these forums and amended them? it is possible is it not?

Tina - AxisHOST, Inc.

Nospam said:
If you can automatically sign in to these phpBB with a cookie, isn't there
browser add on on firefox or ie to take note of the signatures you have
sent
to these forums and amended them? it is possible is it not?

I doubt it, seriously.

--Tina

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Tina - AxisHOST, Inc. quothed:
Yes you can. Most message board software changes the sig for all of the
posts you've made, when you change it in your profile. This is true for
vBulletin, phpBB, etc.

Give that lady a sig-ar!

JDS

If you can automatically sign in to these phpBB with a cookie, isn't there a
browser add on on firefox or ie to take note of the signatures you have sent
to these forums and amended them? it is possible is it not?

Lets put it this way:

Is it possible for you to change the sig on an email once you've sent it?
How about change the sig on all the emails you've already sent?

hyweljenkins

JDS said:
Lets put it this way:

Is it possible for you to change the sig on an email once you've sent it?
How about change the sig on all the emails you've already sent?

What's that got to do with the OP? Are you trying to make some
smart-arse comment? It's perfectly reasonable to be to change
signatures in forum posts after you've made them as, in may forum
applications, the signature is appended to the message during display,
not during posting. Thus, changing your signature after posting is
trivial.

As far as the OP goes, highly unlikely, even though the variables
required are probably fairly few, and it wouldn't be difficult to knock
up an application to post data to the script that handles a profile
update.