    Is DataGrid the best way to do it?
    please advice,
    Stephen

    Stephen, May 19, 2006

  2. Stephen

    PeterKellner Guest

    On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:33:25 -0700, "Stephen" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >How do i let a user change the order of some parameters on a web page?
    >suppose by default when the web page is loaded, suppose he sees this like on
    >a grid
    >PK Rule
    >1 Rule 1
    >2 Rule 2
    >3 Rule 3
    >4 Rule 4
    >
    >Now I want him to change the order anyway he wants and then when he clicks
    >submit it should update the DB.
    >Is DataGrid the best way to do it?
    >please advice,
    >Stephen

    One way you could do it is using GridView and have "move up" and "move
    down" button's on each row.
    Peter Kellner
    http://peterkellner.net

    PeterKellner, May 19, 2006

  3. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    Thanks Peter will try this
    stephen

    Stephen, May 19, 2006
  4. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    Oops....
    Peter,
    is grid view in VS 2005 and v2.0?
    I am using VS 2003
    thanks,

    Stephen, May 19, 2006
  5. Stephen

    PeterKellner Guest

    On Fri, 19 May 2006 15:45:59 -0700, "Stephen" <>
    wrote:

    >Oops....
    >Peter,
    >is grid view in VS 2005 and v2.0?
    >I am using VS 2003
    >thanks,
    >stephen
    >
    >"PeterKellner" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:33:25 -0700, "Stephen" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >How do i let a user change the order of some parameters on a web page?
    >> >suppose by default when the web page is loaded, suppose he sees this like

    >on
    >> >a grid
    >> >PK Rule
    >> >1 Rule 1
    >> >2 Rule 2
    >> >3 Rule 3
    >> >4 Rule 4
    >> >
    >> >Now I want him to change the order anyway he wants and then when he

    >clicks
    >> >submit it should update the DB.
    >> >Is DataGrid the best way to do it?
    >> >please advice,
    >> >Stephen
    >> >

    >> One way you could do it is using GridView and have "move up" and "move
    >> down" button's on each row.
    >> Peter Kellner
    >> http://peterkellner.net

    sorry, GridView is 2.0 only.