changing rake task dependencies, runs in wrong order

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Trans, Feb 5, 2007.

  1. Trans

    Trans Guest

    I'm confused. I'm trying to alter the dependencies of a premade rake
    task, and while it accepts it, it's actully running the dependcy after
    the task rather than before it. With this:

    Rake::GemPackageTask.new(spec) do |pkg|
    end

    # Don't show the clobber task, just always clobber when
    # creating packages. Maybe in future ask to make sure.
    Rake::Task['clobber_package'].comment = nil
    Rake::Task['repackage'].comment = nil
    task :package => [:clobber_package]

    Shouldn't it invoke clobber_package BEFORE package? I ran it with --
    trace and it's clearly doing the opposite. What's up?

    Thanks,
    T.
    Trans, Feb 5, 2007