Changing security fixes hang problem temporarily

code3_brent

I created a DLL in VB6 that handles all the database access for some ASP
pages that I created. The application basically authenticates the user
against the database, does a search, reads a graphic file from the database,
writes it to a folder on the server, then displays it in a browser. All was
working great on my laptop with XP Pro. I now installed it on a 2003 server
with IIS. I am now getting intermittant problems.

Somtimes I get an internal error 500, but most times the page just hangs and
never comes back. If I change the permissions on the folder where the
graphics file gets written to give 'Everyone' full access, everything works
great. Once I reboot the server, it stops working again. If I then remove the
'Everyone' permission from the folder, it works again. Upon reboot, it
doesn't work again.

It appears that anytime I change the permissions, it starts to work, but it
doesn't matter what I change. Either adding the 'Everyone' group or removing
it makes it start to work.

Any idea wat else to try?