Changing security fixes hang problem temporarily

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by code3_brent, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. code3_brent

    code3_brent Guest

    I created a DLL in VB6 that handles all the database access for some ASP
    pages that I created. The application basically authenticates the user
    against the database, does a search, reads a graphic file from the database,
    writes it to a folder on the server, then displays it in a browser. All was
    working great on my laptop with XP Pro. I now installed it on a 2003 server
    with IIS. I am now getting intermittant problems.

    Somtimes I get an internal error 500, but most times the page just hangs and
    never comes back. If I change the permissions on the folder where the
    graphics file gets written to give 'Everyone' full access, everything works
    great. Once I reboot the server, it stops working again. If I then remove the
    'Everyone' permission from the folder, it works again. Upon reboot, it
    doesn't work again.

    It appears that anytime I change the permissions, it starts to work, but it
    doesn't matter what I change. Either adding the 'Everyone' group or removing
    it makes it start to work.

    Any idea wat else to try?

    code3_brent, Feb 14, 2005