Changing SOAP RPC/Encoded to Document/Literal format

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Hung Nguyen, Nov 8, 2007.

  1. Hung Nguyen

    Hung Nguyen Guest

    Dear All,

    I am very new to RoR here and would like to know how to switch our
    application over from the default RPC/Encoded to Document/Literal SOAP
    format.

    The example in soap4r-1.5.8 ...\sample\howto\documentliteral appears to
    use the static "echo.wsdl" file. This file appears to have the settings
    for style="document" and use="literal". I guess this is where to
    specify RPC/Encoded and Document/Literal format. The section of the
    code I am referring to is included below.

    However, in our application we use dynamic wsdl and can not set these
    settings. Would anyone know how to make RoR/SOAP4R to generate the
    services in Document/Literal format? Any help is welcome and
    appreciated.

    Thanks
    HTN

    From echo.wsdl:
    "....
    <binding name="echoBinding" type="tns:echoPortType">
    <soap:binding
    transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
    style="document" />
    <operation name="echo">
    <soap:eek:peration soapAction="urn:com.example:echo" style="document"
    />
    <input><soap:body use="literal" /></input>
    <output><soap:body use="literal" /></output>
    </operation>
    </binding>
    ..."

    Hung Nguyen, Nov 8, 2007