    I'm thinking it's just simple code, which is why I have come here. How
    would I change the text color?

    Any input would be sincerely appreciated.

    Alpha, Oct 5, 2004

  2. "Alpha" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello. I am not a C++ programmer...I have studied a bit of Java, but
    > that's it.
    >
    > However, I am playing an online game written in C++. I was wondering
    > how one could change the color of text (that you input).
    > Administration members and helpers get told how to change text color,
    > but I have heard everyone has the ability to do it.
    >
    > I'm thinking it's just simple code, which is why I have come here. How
    > would I change the text color?

    It might be simple code but it is not standard code. Standard C++ has no
    support for changing text colour. However this is being done it is being
    done using the underlying platform not by using features built into C++. C++
    is very different from Java in this respect.

    This group discusses standard C++ only so your question is off topic here.
    You should ask this again on a group that discusses whatever platform you
    are using. There is a whole lot more information you are going to have to
    supply before you can get a useful answer, but the first step is to ask in
    the right place.

    Have a look in this groups welcome message for some suggestions for places
    to ask this question. http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    john

    John Harrison, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Alpha wrote:
    > Hello. I am not a C++ programmer...I have studied a bit of Java, but
    > that's it.
    >
    > However, I am playing an online game written in C++. I was wondering
    > how one could change the color of text (that you input).
    > Administration members and helpers get told how to change text color,
    > but I have heard everyone has the ability to do it.
    >
    > I'm thinking it's just simple code, which is why I have come here. How
    > would I change the text color?
    >
    > Any input would be sincerely appreciated.

    I'd say you have more luck in a specialized newsgroup.
    If you're making an MFC app, microsoft.public.vc.mfc,
    a win32 app, comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
    a unix application , try comp.unix.programmer

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Nils_O=2E_Sel=E5sdal=22?=, Oct 5, 2004
  4. Alpha

    Mabden Guest

    "Alpha" <> wrote in message
    > Hello. I am not a C++ programmer...I have studied a bit of Java, but
    > that's it.
    >
    > However, I am playing an online game written in C++. I was wondering
    > how one could change the color of text (that you input).
    > Administration members and helpers get told how to change text color,
    > but I have heard everyone has the ability to do it.
    >
    > I'm thinking it's just simple code, which is why I have come here. How
    > would I change the text color?
    >
    > Any input would be sincerely appreciated.

    ....ask an Administration member or helper?

    --
    Mabden

    Mabden, Oct 5, 2004